This page lets you and everybody else know the rules for The EcoSeekers™ on the web.
Little Green Dreams, LLC is a limited liability company organized and existing under the laws of the State of New York, and lawfully doing business as The EcoSeekers™. We strive through our website http://www.theecoseekers.com/ to educate parents and kids about how to appropriately safeguard their privacy when using the internet and, specifically, our website. While we encourage kids (and adults) to actively participate in our website including, but not limited to, subscribing to free newsletters and use of blogs, we take privacy concerns very seriously and are committed to providing you with specific and transparent information about privacy related matters associated with the use of our website. We are committed to complying fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. Our information collection practices are described below.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18, PLEASE READ THIS POLICY WITH YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GAURDIANS. PLEASE ASK THEM QUESTIONS ABOUT THINGS YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND ON THIS PAGE. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13, YOU SHOULD GET YOUR PARENT’S OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION BEFORE GIVING OUT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ON THE INTERNET, INCLUDING THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. If you are 13 or older, we do not collect and keep any personal information online from you unless you volunteer it. If you are under the age of 13, we try very hard to avoid collecting and keeping personal information online from you without your parent’s and/or legal guardian’s consent or notification, except in limited circumstances authorized by law and described in this policy. By using this website you agree to the transfer, collection, processing and use of data by The EcoSeekers, its affiliates, and subsidiaries.
SPECIAL NOTES FOR PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS: Please help us protect your child’s privacy by instructing them never to provide personal information on this site or any other without your permission. Parents and legal guardians may review the personal information we have collected about their child, request deletion, or refuse to allow further collection or use for marketing purposes. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.
Upon receipt of your email, we will ask you to provide us with proper identification to ensure that you are in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian. As soon as proper identification is established, we will promptly respond to your request. Please note that you have the option to agree to our collection and use of your child's information without consenting to the disclosure of the information to third parties; however, currently we do not disclose any personal information (child or adult) to third parties except with our own third party contractors and vendors as described below. We do not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in any online activity as a condition of participation.
Note that purchasing products through our website requires the use of a valid credit card or other valid payment method accepted by The EcoSeekers. Your child’s use of any valid credit card to purchase items on our website implies your consent to make such a purchase. Nonetheless, parents and legal guardians may return for a full refund (less shipping and handling fees) all items purchased on our website within 14 days of the purchase date and upon providing us with a valid receipt and merchandise in satisfactory condition. We reserve the right to grant, in our sole discretion, reasonable extensions to this 14 day deadline in accordance with the law. All personal information obtained from children and adults is maintained in accordance with the law, in confidentiality and with high security precautions to protect the integrity of the information collected.
Parental Consent & What Information Is Collected? Children 12 years old or younger must receive verifiable parental or legal guardian consent in order to utilize any interactive features of our website (e.g. blogs or message boards). See below for further information about ordering on our website. We notify by email parent(s) or legal guardian(s) if a child is 12 years old or younger and wishes to receive by email our e-newsletters. Parents or legal guardians may opt-out their child at any time by emailing us at email@example.com, and we will immediately remove your child's information from our database. Please note: there are NO interactive features on our e-newsletters. Our website asks a child 12 years old or younger to provide the following if that child requests to join The EcoSeekers and become a member of http://www.theecoseekers.com/: child’s name, age, gender, email address, city, state, and country. Our website also asks for the child to provide his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s email address. This information is collected for the purpose of providing direct notice and/or obtaining parental consent.
We adhere to the “print-and-send” method to obtain verifiable parental consent regarding the interactive features of our website. We ask parents and legal guardians to send to us via fax or mail a signed consent letter, in order to activate the account of a child 12 years old or younger. An unsigned consent letter may be provided on our website and information about the letter may also be emailed to the child and parent or legal guardian during the registration process. Once we receive the signed consent letter, the types of information that we may collect from a child 12 years old or younger online include: name, e-mail address, age, gender, city, state, country, and parent’s email address. We ask a child to disclose this information because obtaining such information is necessary to properly operate the online activity and features, as well as to maintain the safety and integrity of our website.
Furthermore, we may also collect from children and adults additional types of information (e.g. billing related information) when they purchase products and offerings on our website, or if you (the adult or guardian) voluntarily provide such additional information about your child such as photos or other personal information, including but not limited to your child's address. We may also send to your attention a print catalog or electronic catalogues and other offers based on the information provided. At any time, the child's parent or legal guardian has the opportunity to revoke his or her previously given parental consent by contacting us via email or mail and titling the subject heading of such correspondence “TERMINATE CONSENT” and informing us of the name of the child. Parents and legal guardians may terminate consent for all or a portion of the features provided on our website. In addition, parents and legal guardians may at any time review any identifiable information collected about their child or request that we delete such information from the http://www.theecoseekers.com/ database.
Electronic Postcards and Email Messages http://www.theecoseekers.com/ may provide kids the opportunity to send electronic postcards featuring The EcoSeekers characters or original artwork to family or friends. Also, http://www.theecoseekers.com/ features information about products that kids are interested in and from time to time will send, on behalf of kids who request it, email messages to family and/or friends to let family and/or friends share their interest. We do not require kids to submit personally identifiable information in order to send an electronic postcard or for http://www.theecoseekers.com/ to send email messages to family or friends. We do, however, ask kids to submit the email address of the recipient of such electronic postcards or email messages.
We may also provide the opportunity, or provide information about how, to send an e-mail to us. We initially request no personally identifiable information except an e-mail address, which we use solely for the purpose of responding to messages and/or requests.
Ordering from the Site Purchasing products through our website requires the use of a valid credit card or other valid payment method accepted by The EcoSeekers. A child’s or teenager’s (i.e anyone under the age of 18 years old) use of any valid credit card to purchase items on our website implies parental or legal guardian consent to make such a purchase. Parents and legal guardians should exercise caution and customary parental responsibility, including close oversight of their child’s or teenager’s credit card usage. When customers make purchases through http://www.theecoseekers.com/, customers are required to provide their full name, billing and/or shipping addresses, email address, and credit card information including number and expiration date. Once customers have successfully entered a valid credit card number/expiration date and completed the order process, an account will be created and maintained for customers. We use this information to process the customer's order and to send order confirmations via email. We may also send our customers a print catalog or electronic catalogues and other offers based on the information provided.
We do not sell, transfer or share the information with third parties, except when the information is transferred, disclosed and shared with our third party agent who uses the information solely to handle and manage fulfillment and customer service. Our third party agent is not permitted to use the information for other purposes and the third party agent has agreed to maintain the confidentiality of such information. We also may provide our customers the opportunity to send to family and friends gift items purchased by the customer. We will send, on behalf of customers who request it, emails to family or friends notifying them that someone has sent them a gift. To do this, we may ask customers to provide us with their family member or friend's first name and email address. During the checkout process, customers may be provided the opportunity to receive newsletters and sales and promotions from The EcoSeekers. To be removed from the contact list at any time, customers may elect to unsubscribe in the next email they receive from The EcoSeekers as instructed in that email. If customers do not complete the order process (e.g., fail to complete a purchase transaction) the information customers submitted during the order process will not be captured by our systems.
Customer Service You may email us questions about our site or how to purchase items that we sell. We do not request that users initially submit any personal information online for customer service inquiries. We may, however, ask for additional non-personal or personal information to better help us respond to customer service questions. Once we or our third party agent have had a chance to provide email responses to customer service email questions, the email address is deleted from our system, unless the customer service email inquiry is sent from a member of www.theecoseekers.com. If the email inquiry is sent from a member, we may collect and use the information obtained to enhance future customer service experiences for that customer.
Disclosure of Information http://www.theecoseekers.com/ currently does not disclose to third parties personally identifiable information that kids or adults provide, except from time to time, we may transfer, disclose or share such information with third parties who may be engaged by us specifically to handle and deliver certain online activities. Such third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Our website is hosted by a third party and is independent and separate from The EcoSeekers. The third party web hosting company collects personal and non-personal information about our users and shares and transfers such information with us. We use the personal information we receive internally within The EcoSeekers but we do not sell, transfer or share this personally identifiable information with other third parties except from time to time, we may transfer, disclose or share such information with additional third parties who may be engaged by us specifically to handle and manage certain analysis of the data or other functions (e.g., fulfillment and shipping). Such third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use such personally identifiable information for other purposes and have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of any information they receive from us or share with us. Additionally, in the event that all or substantially all of the assets relating to http://www.theecoseekers.com/ are transferred or sold to another entity, personally identifiable information submitted to us may be transferred to the acquiring entity. Finally, we may also disclose personally identifiable information to third parties in order to comply with law or requests by law enforcement agencies, to enforce our Terms & Conditions as outlined on this page or to protect the rights, property or safety of our website, users of our website and others.
Additional Terms & Conditions
*HEY! Kids, please ask us or your parents any questions about the above or following*.
1. If you see something you don't like on our website’s interactive features, such as our message boards, remember that this is not stated or even endorsed by someone at The EcoSeekers, unless expressly otherwise stated (e.g. by a moderator). We don’t tell kids what to say (not even adults!) because people should be free to think for themselves and say what they think is right. But if someone sends inappropriate messages, we'll do our best to remove it. Our website is not a public square where everyone is entitled to say almost anything as they please: we want our kid-friendly website to be a good, clean place to hang out.
2. If you write something that catches our attention, such as on a message board or written letter, we might want to use it on the site or our print materials. By sending in your thoughts and hanging out in the message boards and other online interactive areas, and getting your parent’s permission to do so, you and your parents are telling us that it is okay to repeat what you say. It would even be okay to put your words in an advertisement. In fact, we can use your words and correspondence in any way we want, anywhere, until the end of time. Hey, that’s pretty cool: you’d be a star! But please remember if you are 17 or under, always check with your parents before sending anything to us.
3. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such changes and/or modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please review the terms and conditions periodically. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes and/or modifications will constitute your acceptance of the revised terms and conditions.
4. OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY All site software, design, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, artwork, graphic material, or other copyrightable elements, and the selection and arrangements thereof, and trademarks, service marks and trade names (the "Material") are the property of The EcoSeekers and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, licensors or other respective owners and are protected, without limitation, pursuant to U.S. and foreign copyright and trademark laws. You agree not to reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate any Material to any third party (including, without limitation, the display and distribution of the Material via a third party website) without the express prior written consent of The EcoSeekers. Use of The EcoSeekers and/or its licensors' Material is only permitted with their express written permission. You further agree that you will not disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise modify the Material. Any unauthorized or prohibited use may subject the offender to civil liability and criminal prosecution under applicable U.S. federal and state laws, and potential international laws.
5. MESSAGE BOARDS, BLOG AND OTHER INTERACTIVE FEATURES To the extent that portions of this website provide users an opportunity to post and exchange information, ideas and opinions ("Information Exchanges"), please be advised that Information Exchanges do not necessarily reflect the views of The EcoSeekers. In no event shall The EcoSeekers assume or have any responsibility or liability for any Information Exchanges or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from their use and/or appearance on this website. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights in and to all Information Exchanges you provide and all information they contain and that such Information Exchanges shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information. You hereby authorize The EcoSeekers to use, and authorize others to use, your Information Exchanges in whole or in part, on a royalty-free basis, throughout the universe in perpetuity in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, alone, or together or as part of other material of any kind or nature. Without limiting the foregoing, The EcoSeekers has the right to use and change the Information Exchanges in any manner that The EcoSeekers may determine (such as for brevity purposes).
Additionally, The EcoSeekers may sweep its message boards and other interactive features periodically in its sole discretion. Further, The EcoSeekers may proactively monitor, pre-screen or administer Information Exchanges as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate.
The EcoSeekers does not allow Information Exchanges which, in its sole opinion and discretion, find to contain:
* private or personal information which might identify a user
* profanity or obscenities
* personal attacks on other individuals or groups
* slanderous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening and harassing comments
* other information that The EcoSeekers deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate for this website.
The message boards and other interactive features on this website may be used for noncommercial purposes only. Users may not post any information intended to promote and/or generate revenue for any third party business activity. Although The EcoSeekers periodically monitors the content posted on this website, we cannot be responsible for the views or opinions expressed by third parties. Nonetheless, The EcoSeekers will make every effort to ensure that the message boards and other online interactive features best serve the interests of all users. Therefore, The EcoSeekers reserves the right to refuse to post, edit, or delete messages that violate these terms and conditions, as well as revoke the privileges of users who do not comply with such rules.
6. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THIS SITE AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED ON IT ARE DISTRIBUTED AND TRANSMITTED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The EcoSeekers is not responsible or liable for any infections or contamination of your system, or delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of this website or with respect to the information and material contained on this website. The entire risk as to the quality, accuracy, adequacy, completeness, correctness and validity of any material rests with you. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, The EcoSeekers, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS TO THE WEBSITE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE WHETHER THE MATERIAL IS PROVIDED OR OTHERWISE SUPPLIED BY The EcoSeekers OR ANY THIRD PARTY. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall The EcoSeekers’ liability to you for any and all claims, damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this website.
7. THIRD PARTY HYPERLINKS The appearance of external hyperlinks generated by third parties does not constitute endorsement by The EcoSeekers, its subsidiaries and affiliates of the opinions or views expressed by these third party websites and The EcoSeekers does not verify, endorse, or take responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness or quality of the content contained at these sites. However, The EcoSeekers will screen as best as practical, and at its sole discretion, links directly placed on its website to third party websites to ensure that those links share a similar mission and commitment to the environment and children. The EcoSeekers is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such third party sites. As such, neither The EcoSeekers nor its subsidiaries and affiliates will be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information contained in these sites.
Finally, The EcoSeekers will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these third party hyperlinked sites.
8. INDEMNIFICATION You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, The EcoSeekers, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, representatives, and third party providers to the website from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this agreement by you. The EcoSeekers reserves the right to assume, at its sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with The EcoSeekers in asserting any available defenses.
Phone: (917) 882-6869
Mail: The EcoSeekers PO Box 637 Nyack, NY 10960